Saturday, December 1, 2007

A mommy state of mind

My dear friend Erin and her boyfriend Frank have recently purchased a puppy, Calvin. And, may I add are about to purchase a home together. Thinking back to the days when Luke was a pup, all I can remember about those first few weeks was thinking, "If a puppy is this much work, I am definitely not ready to have a baby." I mean, I had to walk the dog every two or three hours, clean up his poop, make sure he was clean, fed and walked on a regular basis. This was serious work. An actual life was in my hands. The only relief I had was knowing that I could stick him in his crate for a few hours and go out if I wanted to. I remember thinking I can't do that with a baby! Or can I?

Of course not. My baby really hates when I do that. 

These pictures are from Katie's baby shower on Nov. 25th. Courtney is ready to have Baby Olivia! Any day now!
Katie and her mom. Baby Ashley Madison is due on Valentine's Day. 

No comments: