Saturday, December 1, 2007

Out of the Loop

I was recently (not) part of a conversation where vibrant young thirty-somethings were discussing the plots of their favorite TV series.  Then it occurred to me, I had no idea what any of them were talking about. I haven't seen a network TV show in ages. With the exception of the occasional HBO series and the news, I really don't watch much TV. 

(Let me add,  it is once again the time of year when I become a meteorologist. I find that George Michael on channel 4 and Doug Hill on channel 7 are the most reliable when it comes to accurately predicting school closings!)

What? I can hear my friends now! Mary, the queen of TV! Yes, it is true! I really don't watch TV too much anymore. Since Ryane has been around we've made point to turn off the TV. This basically means she has listened to hours of Howard Stern and a pretty heavy rotation of rap and punk rock music, thanks to her father. 

Back to my story... I have no idea what is going on with any of these shows people speak of: Nip/Tuck? Never seen it. Desperate Housewives? Stopped watching after season one. Laguna Beach? Haven't seen that one either. Heroes? Missed it. Why? Because I am in bed before all these shows even start.

See, my routine pretty much goes like this:
get home from work
feed munchkin
bathe munchkin
play with munchkin
put munchkin to bed
feed me
bathe me
read book
go to bed

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Mary, my tv habits are like yours...never saw Nip/Tuck or Laguna Beach (never heard of LB), have seen Housewives only once or twice. BUT my Emily tells me Heroes, which I have never seen either, is the best show on television. That's quite a testimony so I may have to check it out now. Emily has been watching old episodes on her laptop. So there ya go....when you finally get to bed at night, take your laptop with you and you can check it out :-).

p.s. Love all the recent pics of your munchkin!