Sunday, May 27, 2007

Another thought on birthdays...

A few months ago I commented on how different Kelly's birthday was this year from last year. Well, having recently celebrated my birthday and Courtney's birthday, the same rings true for us.

For instance:
My birthday last year was a three part event:

Dinner at Bonefish
Drinks at Coastal Flats
then dancing at Blue Iguana



My birthday at Coastal Flats- May, 2006.


My birthday dinner at Bonefish- May 2006.

Kelly and I dancing at Blue Iguana later that night!

This year it was a one parter: simple, but fun dinner at Sakura, then home by 9 pm.


Last year Courtney's birthday was a 3 part event as well:
Dinner at Facca Luna In Arlington
Drinks at Rumors
then Dancing at Mad Hatters


This year it was a one parter: simple dinner at Coastal Flats and home by 9 pm.

Kelly and Courtney at Coastal Flats for Hubbard's 29th birthday dinner - May 2007.

Katie and I at Court's Birthday dinner, May 2007.

Courtney at and I at Rumors in DC for her birthday celebration in May 2006.


Now, I'm not suggesting they close down the schools to celebrate the day I was born, but I think the days of the "triathlon birthday night out" are long gone for my friends and I. It was sure fun while it lasted and I'm glad I took full advantage while I could!





No comments: