Thursday, February 1, 2007

Somewhere, USA


Yesterday I received a bulky package of mail from work. My dept. chair Diane, (I affectionately call her boss-lady) was kind enough to include a few cards that some of my students wrote for me. These “Get Well” cards were probably given as a mandatory assignment or extra credit by my long term sub. That may explain why I received so many of them. I have no illusions that all of my students would suddenly feel the need to write me a card. I’ll bet this assignment was even for a grade! That would certainly explain why they all, “missed me so much.”

The first card I opened was addressed like so:
(For the sake of anonymity, I have not included any names.)

Mrs. D.
Somewhere, USA


That cracked me up. This young cherub knows that I am “somewhere” and that place is not at school.

I also particularly enjoyed this poem:




I think this is a picture of me in the hospital.






These cards really made my day. They all get an A+.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs Devlin, who is Mrs Devlin?

Justine Ungaro said...

Of course miss modest left out the fact that included in that package was a letter saying that they wanted to feature her in something about the top teachers in the U.S. :)