Thursday, March 22, 2007

False Alarm

Hopefully this will be the only false alarm I have...

Andy and I made a trip to Fairfax Hospital last night. I must say it was a much nicer trip than the last one. I believe I referred to my stay there in September as "the ninth circle of hell"- A bit dramatic looking back on it, but that is how I felt at the time.


I'll spare you the details, but I thought I had possibly started labor. I called my doc and she was at Fairfax (delivering twins) and told me to come in. So, Andy and I grabbed my bag and headed to the hospital. I must say I was extremely calm and collected, as was Andy.

I got checked in, put in a triage bed, and hooked up to all the monitors. Turns out I was not in labor. My doc said this happens all the time with first-time moms and said I did the right thing by calling, so that made me feel better.

The good news is that now we know where to go and we're all registered and checked it. I also got to have another sonogram and see the baby! I haven't seen him/her since my 20 week sono, so that was really nice. I saw baby's lungs breathing and the heart beating, as well as some head turns from side to side.


I guess that was my one false start. Next time, I'm disqualified.

1 comment:

Justine Ungaro said...

I'm sure you're a little busy with a new baby and all but I would LOVE to see some blogs about Ryane!!! :)