Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Onesies from Uncle Jim

For many years my brother Jim and I have exchanged ridiculously absurd T-Shirts on our birthdays. It all started around his 21st birthday. I was on vacation in OCNJ and I saw a T-shirt shop on the boardwalk. It was one of those super cheap T-shirt shops where you can have anything you want placed on a T-shirt. You know what I'm talking about... those silkscreen and press-on label shirts that you can only find on boardwalks.

Anyways, I saw a plain white T-shirt with a picture of a Chihuahua on it. This was the ugliest dog picture I had ever seen. So of course I immediately slapped down my $5.95 and bought the thing. I had them attach the word "JIM" in big letters directly under the hideous dog picture.

A few weeks later, Jim was in Fairfax to celebrate his 21st birthday. He was a trooper, and wore the "JIM" T-shirt all night.

So that is how the absurd T-shirt exchange began. Jim has now taken it to a new level as he purchased baby D. some ridiculous onesies! I love it!


For example... this is the T-shirt I got Jim for his birthday this year. Jon Bon Jovi would be pleased.

Onesies for the baby...




No comments: