Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What a difference a year makes

Then and Now: How some things have changed in the past 365 days.

(By the way, I wrote this at 3 in the morning last night, so I hope it makes sense)

Example number one: Celebrating Kelly's birthday.

Last year we went to a bar and danced the night away. This year we went to dinner and talked about being pregnant.


Kelly's birthday last year at Blue Iguana. Kelly, Me, and Summer.

Dancing at Blue Iguana. Kelly and I are doing a dance that my brother Jim made up called the Pac-Man. He often showcases this dance at weddings and other special events. Kelly is being Pac-Man and I am being the ghost. She is about to swallow me alive! Strange, I know... but a real crowd pleaser.

We affectionately call our local watering hole the BI or Green Lizard for short. This restaurant/bar is literally 3 minutes from my house and Kelly's house, so you could often find us sitting on the patio outside enjoying a tasty beverage at least one night (okay maybe two nights) a week from May- September. Another shot from Kelly's birthday last year.

Okay... let's flash ahead to Kelly's birthday this year. We celebrated with a quiet evening of dinner and lots of desserts at a local restaurant. Much tamer than last year don't you think?

Kelly, Me, and Katie celebrating Kelly's bday. There was a snow storm that night, so we had a smaller crowd. Those of us with 4-wheel drive made it out. At least we are still somewhat adventurous.

Example number two:
St. Patrick's Day last year and this year.

Andy and I at the Irish Festival in Arlington last year.

Andy, Erin, Kelly, and Court enjoying some tasty treats at Rock Bottom Brewery.

Fast forward to St. Patty's Day this year. Andy and I are babysitting our adorable nephew Christopher for the night. Last year I never would have given up my St. Patty's Day, and this year I'm volunteering to babysit! I'm practically encouraging Dave and Kerry to stay out all night because I'm so excited to watch Chris. Oh, how things have changed!


Christopher at our house.
Doesn't he look like he is telling us something extremely profound? I imagine he is thinking... "As a matter of fact mommy, I beg to differ. I think chicken nuggets are better than goldfish."
So darn cute!

No comments: