Saturday, March 3, 2007

Puttin' on the Ritz

Well, it is 5:30 in the morning and guess who’s still awake? If you guessed me, give yourself a pat on the back. Thanks to a 14 hour migraine Wednesday night into Thursday afternoon, my sleep schedule is now especially messed up (yet again).

I’m not complaining. I have found plenty of constructive things to do in the wee hours of the morning. So far I have:
  • cleaned out my makeup drawer
  • reorganized my closet
  • folded laundry
  • finished the book I was reading
  • made an elaborate “to-do” list that I will never complete
  • written thank you cards
  • and sat in my new glider in the nursery while dreaming about the baby

See, I’m not complaining!

Then, I realized I forgot to post pictures from my friend Becky’s 40th birthday bash held at The Ritz Carlton last Saturday. I’m telling you, I had the perfect spot at this party. Since I’m nine months pregnant, I basically sat down the entire time. People just rotated through to talk to me and I didn’t even have to get up! The waiters came by with yummy appetizers and I didn’t have to budge all night. I had my helpful brother Mike, and Courtney to get me a non-alcoholic beverage whenever I beckoned for one from the bar. Sometimes this pregnancy thing really has advantages.

Too bad I couldn’t do the worm at this party. I should be back into tip-top worm condition this summer.

Here are some pics:

Becky's birthday cake. Yes, that is a cake made to look like a Versace purse! Yummy!

Courtney and Gordon

Mike and Natasha


No comments: