Tuesday, January 16, 2007

For your consideration...

These migraines can really cramp my style. I basically had a wonderful weekend until early Monday morning when a migraine attacked around 3 am. It lingered until about 8 pm last night. Luckily my husband was off yesterday and was able to assist me. I need someone to get the frozen peas out so I can strap them to my forehead. I have no idea if this actually helps my head feel better, but it gives me something else to concentrate on… like the extreme cold pulsating through my head, instead of the throbbing pain I usually feel. After a good 17 hours in my dark and quiet bedroom I was ready to return to the world again.

Not only was I happy to get out of bed, I was thrilled because it was just in time for the Golden Globes. I was a little bummed because my favorite TV series Big Love lost out to Grey’s Anatomy. If you haven’t seen or heard of HBO’s Big Love, I recommend you check it out. The plot is amazing and the actors are extremely believable in this unorthodox family. I believe season two begins sometime this spring.
http://www.hbo.com/biglove/

I stopped complaining after Martin Scorsese won best director for The Departed, one of my favorite films of the year.
http://thedeparted.warnerbros.com/

Anyways, back to my fantastic weekend. Certainly the highlight was meeting my beautiful niece Madeleine on Friday! Nothing can compare to that, but the rest of the weekend was quite fun as well. On Saturday night, I ventured out to Champ’s in Fair Oaks to catch up with one of my best-friends and college roommate, Ashley. She moved back to New Jersey about three years ago and Fairfax just hasn't been the same without her. We were all pleased to gawk at her handsome new fiancĂ© and her beautiful engagement ring.


It had been quite sometime since I’d been in a restaurant/bar atmosphere. As you can probably imagine, I’ve been avoiding those places for the past seven months. Initially, the bar area was way too smoky and there was nowhere to sit, so Kelly (also pregnant!) and her husband Erich, along with Andy and myself got a table in the restaurant. May I add that Andy and Erich each had salads for dinner, while Kelly had the mile-high nachos and I enjoyed the sampler platter. Oh, the joys of being pregnant!
(The girls at Champ's on Saturday)



I spent a beautiful day on Sunday in Annapolis with Molly, one of my oldest friends from elementary school. We enjoyed lunch at Pusser’s and had a great time walking around the city. http://www.pussersusa.com/
Erin and Courtney even made some new friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I blink in every picture?

Red Seven said...

Big Love is the next TV show on my Netflix queue. I'm on the Netflix exercise plan. I rent TV shows from Netflix but I'm not allowed to watch them unless I'm on my elliptical machine. So I require TV shows that are good and hopefully really really addictive.

Right now, I'm finishing up Season 3 of The L Word, and my favorite character just died, which is a total bummer.